SWBS BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, LLC
13750 San Pedro, Suite 150, San Antonio, TX 78232
Phone: (210) 399-0191 Fax: (210) 200-6088
Email: info@swbusiness-solutions.com
Website: www.swbusiness-solutions.com
SWBS BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, LLC
13750 San Pedro, Suite 150, San Antonio, TX 78232
Phone: (210) 399-0191 Fax: (210) 200-6088
Email: info@swbusiness-solutions.com
Website: www.swbusiness-solutions.com
England made a stunning start to the new era under returning captain Joe Root, thrashing Pakistan by an innings and 103 runs inside three days in the first Test at Headingley, Leeds, on Friday.Noche UFC, the mixed martial arts and fighting promotion's celebration of Latinos in the sport set for Glendale, Arizona, on Sept. 12, has adjusted its main event due to an injury.
José Delgado is in the main event of Noche UFC after Yair Rodriguez pulled out due to an injury, Rodriguez said in an Instagram post on Wednesday, Aug. 19. Delgado faces Jean Silva in a featherweight bout at Desert Diamond Arena.
Rodriguez (21-5-0) has not fought much over the past two years, and now it looks like he will have to wait until 2027 to fight again.
"I wanted this fight, and I know many of you did too," he said in Spanish on Instagram. "Now my job is to fully recover and return ready to compete at the level you expect of me and that I expect of myself."
Delgado, from Mexico, is 4-1 and has been in UFC for only about a year and a half. He made his professional MMA debut in March 2022.
Rodriguez, from the state of Chihuahua and nicknamed "El Pantera" (The Panther), is a big name who has been a big draw for fans. He's won two UFC titles, and in 2017 dominated MMA legend B.J. Penn at what is now Mortgage Matchup Center at UFC Fight Night in Phoenix.
Silva (17-3-0) is a Brazilian star who has been part of a Noche UFC main event before, in 2025. He lost that fight, but prior to Sept. 13 of last year had won 13 consecutive fights.
Noche UFC preliminary bouts start at 11 a.m. MST, followed by the main card airing at 2 p.m. All bouts will stream live on Paramount+.
Tickets for Noche UFC are available at ticketmaster.com.
This article originally appeared on Arizona Republic: Yair Rodriguez out of Noche UFC Glendale main event with injury
The Colts have not decided who will back up Daniel Jones this season with the competition between Riley Leonard and Anthony Richardson continuing through the rest of the preseason.
"Yeah, I don’t have a timetable on that," coach Shane Steichen said Thursday, via Nathan Brown of the Indy Star. "I'm going to let that thing play out. Like I said, we've got two more weeks. We've got this preseason game. We've got practice, all that stuff and then we'll see where it goes."
The Colts have made it a fair competition between Richardson, a first-round pick in 2023, and Leonard, a sixth-round pick in 2025. On Saturday, Leonard will lead the second-team offense in the first half.
Richardson, who started last week, will play with the third team in the second half.
Daniel Jones is not expected to play in the preseason, so Leonard and Richardson will get another game to battle for the job.
"I thought they both had a good camp," Steichen said of Richardson and Leonard. "I mean, there were some ups and downs, but I think you saw flashes of both of them, which was really exciting."
There is another positive update on 49ers tight end George Kittle, who is recovering from a torn Achilles suffered in January.
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports Kittle visited surgeon Dr. Neal ElAttrache in Los Angeles on Wednesday, and the result was encouraging. Kittle’s recovery process is considered ahead of schedule, and he now has a legitimate chance to play in the 49ers’ Week 1 matchup against the Rams in Australia.
Kittle is currently on the active/physically unable to perform list, so he hasn’t practiced during training camp. But he said within the last week that he’s confident that he will not remain on it to start the regular season, which would keep him out for at least the first four games.
The 49ers will have to take Kittle off of the PUP list by Aug. 30 to have him available to start the season.
Kittle tore his right Achilles in a Jan. 11 playoff game against the Eagles. He underwent surgery three days later, with ElAttrache, the Rams’ team physician, repairing the tendon.
Kittle made his seventh career Pro Bowl last season despite playing only 11 regular-season games due to hamstring and ankle injuries.
Justin Lebron, the Cincinnati Reds' first-round pick in the 2026 MLB Draft, has started his professional career at High-A Dayton on fire, batting .353 with four home runs in his first eight games for the Dragons.
Lebron's OPS is 1.166 through his first 35 plate appearances. He also has two stolen bases and driven in eight runs.
On Aug. 20 against Quad Cities, Lebron homered for the fourth time in five games.
Lebron signed in July for a $5 million bonus, about $300,000 more than the assigned slot value for the 18th overall pick.
Lebron played shortstop at the University of Alabama.

This article originally appeared on Cincinnati Enquirer: Justin Lebron, Reds' first-round pick, has 4 HRs in 8 games at Dayton
BATON ROUGE – That didn't take long.
Roughly 24 hours after Judge Will Jorden granted a temporary restraining order that gave several former college student-athletes a fifth year of eligibility, LSU football and Lane Kiffin have, as of now, reaped the benefits.
Per multiple reports, LSU has earned a commitment from former Notre Dame defensive end Junior Tuihalamaka out of the transfer portal Aug. 21. Tuihalamaka was among the 16 athletes listed as plaintiffs in the petition that was filed in an East Baton Rouge Parish court Aug. 20.
Last season for the Fightin' Irish, Tuihalamaka recorded 12 tackles, including 3.5 tackles for loss and one sack. The 6-2, 255-pound had played all four years at Notre Dame, tallying up 61 career stops with 4.5 sacks in 54 games.
When asked Thursday if he would consider adding any student-athletes that were granted the TRO, LSU coach Lane Kiffin declined comment.
"There's a lot into that," Kiffin said. "The questions that come to that. So, it's a fair question but I'm not going to comment on any of it. It's too many directions that it could go."
During fall camp so far, LSU has had some pass rushers standout headlined by Princewill Umanmielen but from the rest of the group, there's been inconsistency in performance at practice.
Tuihalamaka could add some depth to a position group that's looking for more experience.
Cory Diaz covers the LSU Tigers for The Daily Advertiser as part of the USA TODAY Network. Follow his Tigers coverage on Twitter: @ByCoryDiaz. Got questions regarding LSU athletics? Send them to Cory Diaz at bdiaz@gannett.com.
This article originally appeared on Lafayette Daily Advertiser: LSU football adding Notre Dame transfer Junior Tuihalamaka after TRO
After being waived by the Denver Broncos on Thursday with an injury designation, third-year linebacker Levelle Bailey (broken leg) cleared waivers on Friday and reverted to Denver's injured reserve list.
Because he is landing on IR before the initial 53-man roster is set, Bailey will be ruled out for the 2026 NFL season. There is a potential workaround, however, as the Broncos could release Bailey from IR with an injury settlement. If that happens, Bailey could join another club or return to Denver later in the season.
As it stands now, though, Bailey is currently on season-ending IR for the 2026 campaign.
Broncos on injured reserveThe club's remaining backup linebackers behind Alex Singleton and Justin Strnad are Karene Reid, Jordan Turner, Red Murdock and Taurean York. To fill Bailey's former spot on the 91-man offseason roster, Denver signed veteran safety Taylor Rapp on Thursday.
Social: Follow Broncos Wire on Facebook and Twitter/X! Did you know: These 25 celebrities are Broncos fans.
This article originally appeared on Broncos Wire: Broncos LB reverts to season-ending IR (but there's a workaround)
DENVER, CO - MAY 30: Colorado Rockies mascot Dinger celebrates after the Colorado Rockies defeated the San Francisco Giants at Coors Field on Saturday, May 30, 2026 in Denver, Colorado. (Photo by Ray Bahner/MLB Photos via Getty Images) | MLB Photos via Getty Images From one John Denver song blaring to another, the Guardians are in Denver to take on the Rockies.
The Rockies are 50-77 with a -122 run differential, 29th in team wRC+ at 91, 19th in baserunning runs above average at -1.4, 24th in defense at -31.4, last in pitching ERA at 6.13 (5.27 FIP) and 28th in bullpen ERA at 4.81 (4.35 FIP).
The Guardians are 62-66 with a -23 run differential, 26th in team wRC+ at 94, seventh in baserunning runs above average at 5.2, seventh in defense at -4, sixth in pitching ERA at 3.73 (3.95 FIP), and 11th in bullpen ERA at 3.89 (3.85 FIP).
The Rockies are bad at everything.
Matchups:
Game One, Friday 8:40PM ET: Tanner Gordon, RHP 6.26 ERA (5.91 FIP) vs. Joey Cantillo, LHP 3.80 ERA (3.88 FIP)
Game Two, Saturday, 8:10PM ET: Gabriel Hughes, RHP 7.27 ERA (3.58 FIP) vs. Tanner Bibee, RHP 4.01 ERA (4.65 FIP)
Game Three, Sunday, 3:10PM ET: Tomoyuki Sugano, RHP 4.70 ERA (5.51 FIP) vs. Foster Griffin, LHP 3.18 ERA (4.24 FIP)
The Rockies are led by TJ Rumfield 116 wRC+, Cole Carrigg 113 wRC+, Mickey Moniak 112 wRC+, Colton Riptrain 112 wRC+, Connor Norby 112 wRC, and Jake McCarthy 109 wRC+. One of those names is made up – guess which?
Well… this is another huge series. Have to find a way to win it and keep the good momentum going.
Notre Dame football will potentially have a slew of this year’s playmakers selected in the 2027 NFL draft.
On Thursday, NFL.com draft analyst Lance Zierlein announced his top 2027 NFL Draft prospects to watch this season, which was derived from the Panini Senior Bowl Top-300 list revealed last week. Inside his top-25 prospects, listed three Notre Dame juniors, including cornerback Leonard Moore at No. 5, safety Brauntae Johnson at No. 7 and quarterback CJ Carr at No. 25.
Moore, a projected top-10 draft pick, is coming off a sophomore campaign where he was out a few games due to a high ankle sprain. However, Moore was a consensus All-American after he recorded 31 tackles, seven pass breakups, five interceptions and a forced fumble in 10 games.
Johnson is a projected first-or-second round draft pick. A Sporting News All-American, Johnson appeared in 10 games as a redshirt freshman last season and tallied 48 tackles, seven pass deflections, four interceptions and three pass breakups.
Carr is an emerging first-round draft pick after a strong redshirt freshman season last year. The junior completed 66.6% of his passes and finished with 2,741 passing yards, 24 touchdowns and six interceptions.
The Senior Bowl Top-300 also included Irish linebacker Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa, defensive lineman Boubacar Traore, cornerbacks DJ McKinney and Christian Gray, and receivers Jaden Greathouse and Jordan Faison.
Top talent ☘️
9️⃣ Fighting Irish have been named to the Senior Bowl Top 300.#GoIrish☘️ pic.twitter.com/kyxN7DomFJ
Contact/Follow us @IrishWireND on X (Formerly Twitter), and like our page on Facebook to follow ongoing coverage of Notre Dame news, notes, and opinions.
Follow Kevin on X: @KevLSmittie
This article originally appeared on Fighting Irish Wire: Multiple Notre Dame stars headline Senior Bowl’s Top-300 2026 players
MANNHEIM, Germany (AP) — A German Cup match between Waldhof Mannheim and Kaiserslautern was halted for about half an hour on Friday as fans threw fireworks and other objects and invaded the pitch.
The match was tied at 0-0 and heading into extra time when fans at both ends of the ground threw flares and objects, narrowly missing some of the players as they ran from the field.
Some Mannheim supporters made it on to the pitch before officers in riot gear and mounted police fanned out to push them back.
German news agency dpa says the match resumed after a delay of just under 30 minutes. Ibrahim Kanate scored in the last minute of extra time, giving second-division Kaiserslautern a 1-0 win to advance to the second round of the German Cup.
___